Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
Cell: (902) 293-8576
Nova Scotia Community College, Dartmouth, NS
September 2011 - June 2013
Completed Radio and Television Arts Program, Television Production Specialization.
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS
September 2005 - May 2010
Completed Bachelor of Arts Degree. Majored in History with a minor in Political Science.
Amherst Regional High School, Amherst, NS
September 2000 - June 2004
Completed Grade 12 with Honours.
Bell Media - CTV/CTV 2 Atlantic, Halifax, NS
June 2012 - present
Director, Technical Director, Technical Producer, Audio, Graphics Operator, Production Assistant, Studio Camera, Non-Linear Editor
- Direct the weekend 6pm and 11:30pm newscasts. Filling in on weekday shows.
- As PA time shows & reports, file supers, break down / rewrite reports into smaller pieces for morning show.
- Operate a Ross Vision switcher for live news programming. Including rolling and cueing material.
- Shade cameras & change lighting for different shots.
- Coordinate live remotes
- Operate Studer Vista 1 audio mixer for live newscast ensuring proper levels are maintained.
- Design on screen graphics for newscasts using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Chyron Lyric, and filing of supers in iNews
- Operate multi-channel graphic playback during newscasts.- Direct talent on the studio floor and operate studio camera.
- Edit news stories and openings using Harris Velocity
MBS Radio - 101.7 CKDH-FM, Amherst, NS
September 2010 - August 2011
- Operate Ward-Beck Systems R2K Radio Console.
- Operate iMediaTouch automation software.
- Record and broadcast remote event reports.
- Fill in on air when hockey announcer unavailable.
YMCA of Cumberland, Amherst, NS
March 2001 - August 2011
Swimming Lessons Supervisor / Lifeguard and Special Projects Coordinator
- Lifeguard various swims and instructed public and private swimming lessons.
- Supervise Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor staff.
- Organize group swimming lessons.
- Design and maintain the YMCA's official website.
- Creation and maintenance of the YMCA's membership database. (Microsoft Access)
- Received 10 Year Staff Service Award, Annual General Meeting June 2011
- Received the YMCA Core Value Award for 'Responsibility' December 2010
Related Volunteer Experience
Christmas Daddies Telethon - CTV Atlantic
- December 2012-2021
- Various roles: Switcher, Graphics Operator, Audio Operator, Production Assistant, Set Setup
Performance Pre-Tapes (NSCC Waterfront Campus)
- November 16-18, 2012 -- Producer / Director
- November 25-27, 2011 -- Director, Camera Operator, VTR, Set Construction
Christmas Angels Telethon - Eastlink TV - December 4, 2011
Live Broadcast from Windsor, NS
- Director, Switcher, Graphics, Camera Operator, Setup
- Non-Violent Chrisis Intervention - August 29, 2008
- WHMIS - August 21, 2008
- Occupational Health & Safety - August 2011